Elgar Concert - Message from the Director of Music

admin
Site Admin

Elgar Concert - Message from the Director of Music

Postby admin » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:28 pm

Elgar - 'The Kingdom'

The penultimate concert of our 150th Anniversary Season - Saturday, November 25th 2017 at Bedford Corn Exchange

A message of thanks for the Director of Music, Ian Smith

Dear Bedford Choral Society,

Thank you all for such a stupendous performance of The Kingdom on Saturday evening. I have had countless complimentary comments about the evening. One e-mail I received said:

‘Just a note to thank you, from both of us, for ... such a good performance of The Kingdom last evening. It’s a difficult work for singers and orchestra alike .....everyone involved produced such a strong musical performance. The soloists were more than up to the task and the balance between the chorus, soloists and orchestra worked perfectly. Thank you!’

I would reflect these comments totally. The choir sound was excellent and attention to detail was terrific. One or two people have commented on the balance but that clearly depended where you sat in the hall as an audience member because two of my severest critics both thought that the balance was very good! It was a fitting end (well almost end – Carol Concert on December 16th) to our 150th anniversary season and a performance of which every one of you can be justifiably very proud.

Thank you all very, very much.

Ian Smith.

(November 28th 2017)

Return to “General Notices”